The GDC advises that Radiation protection update is a core verifiable CPD topic for all GDC registered staff, recommending 5 hours per 5 year cycle of training in this area. Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999 states that the whole dental team is required to take responsibility for Radiation protection within the dental practice and evidence of training in this area is a requirement of the guidelines.
To Update the regulations and procedures to safely carry out own role in Radiography within the dental team.
- State the role and responsibilities of staff within dental protection.
- Identify Cross infection hazards and state methods of minimising risk of cross infection control.
- Identify the value and use of dental radiation.
- Identify hazards of Radiation and how to reduce risk.
- Carry out evaluation and grading of dental radiographs and state methods of contributing to Quality control.
- Identify regulations and codes of practice in radiation protection
- Be able to prepare and manage patients for Radiation procedures
This one day course, providing 5 hours verifiable CPD. The day will comprise of group and individual work supported by our qualified and experienced tutors. This course is suitable for individuals or practice teams who do not hold the radiography qualification.
Certificates will be issued on successful completion